First check for bundleing, then put first the modifer that will adjusicate the reimbursement the most first. the 50 is the one that ids the procedure for bilateral for 150% reimbursement, so it would go first, the Lt, RT, or 59 or the ones that id a specific body area or separate body area for additional reimbursement or to unbundle so they would go before a 51. The 51 modifier only indicates that the procedure it is attached to was performed in the same session as the previous procedure.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join