AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Psychiatric and non-psychiatric evaluation

Default Psychiatric and non-psychiatric evaluation

AAPC: Back to School
    I work for a psychiatric clinic. Most of the times the patients are seen by physician assitants or social workers, as the doctor is away from facility.

Later these visits are billed under the doctor's supervision, Can the doctor bill those patients with CPT codes 90801 -90809 under his name when he is not seeing the patient face-to-face or when he is not even present in the facility.

Is there any set of modifiers which differentiates between psychiatric and non-psychiatric evaluation.

Please guide....

Our SW bills non EM therapy codes under her own name. We do not have PA's. I would be VERY concerned with a PA seeing psych pt's. Check to make sure they are within their scope of practise. Unless maybe they have specific psychiatric training that you didnt mention..? I have never billed incident to for psych. We did have a consultant advise against doing that for psych clinic though.

I don't have any for sure answers for you, but atleast some things to look into..sorry

Similar Threads

1. help in psychiatric evaluation
    By debipbarik in forum Behavioral Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-18-2015, 07:31 AM
  2. Psychiatric Evaluation Diagnosis
    By pattimarine@yahoo.com in forum Behavioral Health
    Last Post: 02-03-2015, 11:13 PM
  3. Psychiatric NP's
    By Revenuecycle in forum Behavioral Health
    Last Post: 10-31-2012, 02:35 PM
  4. Psychiatric Evaluation of Hospital records 90885?
    By Jujohnson07 in forum Behavioral Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-08-2011, 06:41 AM
  5. Bariatric Surgery Psychiatric Evaluation
    By heatherwinters in forum Gastroenterology
    Last Post: 09-18-2008, 10:30 AM