One of our breast doctors is questioning whether or not she can bill for the lidocaine injection while performing a breast biopsy in the office by using the code J2001. A colleague of hers has told her that he bills for this. The code says lidocaine IV infusion? I have always thought that the injection of local anesthetic was included in the surgical procedure, as are surgical trays? Can anyone give me some guidance on this before we go ahead and tell her what our thought is on this. Thanks!!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join