The HCPCS code Q0091 is used to bill Medicare for the obtaining, preparing & conveying the pap specimen, and the G0101 is for the cervical/vaginal cancer screening and the clinical breast/pelvic exam. You can also bill an E/M with a 25 (if there was an encounter separate & identifiable above & beyond the other two codes if there is a medical complaint), or you can bill the 993XX along with the Q0091/G0101. This means once Medicare paid for the G & Q, you would "carve" that amount off the charge for the 993XX, and the patient would be responsible for the difference...
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join