I have always understood that removal of a foreign body from the external ear canal using lavage (no forceps, curette, etc) is not a billable procedure in the ER (or the office for that matter).
Anyone else have any different information here? The Ingenix Desk Reference for procedures describes the code 69200 as one using a tool; forceps, spoon, suction, or oil in the case of an insect, but no lavage.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join