All of the E/M codes "could" be used for an H/P. The deciding factor is why is the H/P being done?
Is this an H/P done by a primary care physician at the request of a surgeon for surgical clearance?
Is this H/P being done as a hospital requirement and is not otherwise needed?
Is this a well visit? School sports/camp visit?
Does the patient have a particular condition that is being treated by the physician doing the H/P?
Sorry I couldn't answer this more clearly.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join