There is nothing wrong with 2 different specialties seeing the same patient on the same day. The problem I see with your scenario is I am not aware of anyone that recogonizes EP as a specialty separate from cardiology. So to an insurance they are considered the same specialty.
In this case since they were seen for the same reason only 1 gets to bill. Had they been seen for different reasons you could possibly appeal to insurance. As it stands the best you can do is level based on the combined documentation and submit under 1 provider.
Laura, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join