Well I hate to tell you...but I think your Dr. is right. I see this a lot, 3 years out I would not consider that to be a complication from the Sx, although Gastric Outlet Obstruction is quite common in bypass patients. I would code it as:
43245 â€“ 537.0, V45.86
Michael D. Reyland, CPC, CIRCC
Surgical Specialists of Georgia
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join