It is my experience that whether or not you can charge both codes for the ethmoid surgery depends on the report. You can bill the maxilllary antrostomy, the partial ethmoidectomy and the biopsy separately as long as the ethmoidectomy was not done for access of the biopsy. Of course, I would have to see the body of the report to support all of the coding.
It might feel strange that you would be able to bill so many codes for one side, but the sinuses can be billed separately. Some payers might actually bundle the other procedures you have listed, but I have always billed everythng described in the report and let the payers determine the bundling.
I hope that helps... jan
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join