I believe it was AHA coding clinic May -June 1985 issue where this was covered completely.
In that issue they state that unspecified is a working dx that can be rendered after a preliminary diagnostic workup renders a dx of something like a tumor which is a neoplastic process but morphologically yet unspecified. And as you stated the unspecified is a path dx. Also in the codebook but depending on which publisher you have it states under uncertain behavior that these dx are morphohistopathologic. I hope this helps you.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join