Thread: Esrd on mcp and office visits

Cool Esrd on mcp and office visits

Promo: Code Books
    I have a doctor who is the mcp of record for a patient and he is seeing the patient in the office once a month. From my review i find that is part of the mcp and can not be billed out, unless patient is seen for dx other than esrd and is documented that way. But he is being told that he can bill out and get paid in addition to the mcp but i can not find that info anywhere. If there is such info out there can someone please help me find it in black and white. I thank you for your time.
    Lisa A Smith, CPC
    Corpus Christi, TX

yes you are correct if the visit is esrd related it is included in the mcp. if it not esrd related than you can bill it out seperatly and get paid seperatly you can find this in cpt code book in the exclusion esrd monthly codes "non esrd related e & m services that cannot be performed during the dialysis session"
    hopes this helps... example we have esrd patients who aslo have cardiac, dm, htn etc that come in once a month and we bill the e&m.

Similar Threads

1. office visits vs outpatient visits
    By Hernf in forum Outpatient Facilities
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-26-2015, 07:15 AM
  2. Office visit and MCP charge
    By turnerdc@gmail.com in forum Medical Coding General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-16-2015, 02:44 PM
  3. ESRD or Office Visit?
    By Lassal423 in forum Medical Coding General Discussion
    Replies: 0