Ok, I am assuming there has been some type of injury? if you are looking to code this for prior authorization I would use 31225 for the medial maxillectomy (you would only use 31230 if the eye was removed); regarding the frontal sinusotomy w/tissue removal, you did not mention an endoscopic approach so I am assuming the physician is doing an external approach, look at CPT 31070 thru 31087, review these with your surgeon. Anything else that might be done during this procedure, I would code after you receive the operative report as this will not be straightforward coding.
Hope this helps!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join