I am researching similar information. I was wondering if other organizations bill this as bilateral for profee? I understand that some carriers pay this as two units. Others pay the bilateral when there are two lines and a modifier 50 is on the second line. So for the example below you could bill:
64614 x 2 (upper extremities)
64614 (lower extremity)
64614-50 (upper extremities)
64614 lower extremity
Partha - which carriers were not paying more than one unit?
I would appreciate any help!!!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join