AAPC - Back to school

Thread: E/M visits in global package

Default E/M visits in global package

AAPC: Back to School
    We just started billing for an OB/GYN and I have a question about what CPT code to use for the office visits pre and post delivery. I realize that we cannot bill these out but what code do we use to document that the visit took place? Can we make up our own code or is there a specific code that we should use for audit purposes? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Brenda Dotterweich, CPC
    Davenport, IA

We created our own generic code, OBR, to record each routine OB visit. These of course are not billed to insurance through out the pregnancy but we do balance them to the OB record at the end of care when billing out the global fee. Hope this helps.

That does help-thanks for the info!

I use code 0500F for the initial prenatal assessment in which the Prenatal record is started. Then 0502F for ROB(routine antepartum) visits that will be included in the global code. If I bill the global post-partum, I use 0503F and indicate if this is a 2 week or 6 week visit. These are the coded that WA State Medicaid dictate but they work for all claims since there is no charge attached and they are for tracking only.

Similar Threads

1. OB Global Package
    By Teebow1017 in forum OB/GYN
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-01-2010, 03:04 PM
  2. Post Op Visits included in Global Package
    By sdfrancis324 in forum Family Practice
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-11-2010, 03:54 PM
  3. Global OB Package
    By Patricia Ferrer in forum OB/GYN
    Replies: 8