Obtaining the specimen would be included in the E&M servicve.
If your office took the swab and sent it out, you could bill for specimen handling, 99000, but be aware that very few payors actually reimburse separately for the specimen handling.
If you did the rapid strep test in your office then you could bill 87880. For Medicare you need a modifier -QW.. assuming you have a CLIA Certificate of Waiver.
- ICD-10 Training
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join