Yes, do assign selective catheter placement codes when both cardiac and radiologic services are provided at the same session on the same patient from a single vascular access point.
When the physician is doing a peripheral intervention alone the catheter placement code will be separately billable from the procedure and s/i codes as well.
This isn't like coronary interventions where the catheter placement, s/i are bundled into the code for the coronary intervention.
Hope this helps,
Jessica CPC, CCC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join