Was the delivery in a birthing center or something like that? You're posting that as an additional charge to your delivery, h&P and discharge codes, right? Sorry, I work in a hospital so I'm not familiar with that situation, but you should take a look at the pediatric transport codes. You would have to make sure he documented enough to show the patient was critical (ie life threatening) and that you provide the ICD9s for that (did he document the weight, gestation? Did the baby have RDS?), but it is a time based code. Gotta love time based codes!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join