I am hoping someone can clarify this for me....
Dr did a Carpal Tunnel Release (CPT 64721) and at the same time did a 25000 (for deQuervains). The edits show that 25000 is not reportable with 64721, however, they were done through separate incisions. I submitted both procedures with a -59 modifier attached to 25000, and the insurance will not pay. They paid just the CTR.
Was I incorrect in doing so? We appealed with the op note and they still won't pay anything for the 25000
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join