Medicare denial

Angry Medicare denial
    Medical Coding Books
    I need help with a denial I keep getting for 2 seperate claims. The patient is coming in for a E/M code 99212 w/ dx code 682.9. The patient comes in for the same treatment all of the time and Medicare pays every other claim but these two keep getting a denial. Does anyone have any suggestions about how to get these serves paid or if any other modifiers are needed.

Thanks
    Last edited by msmurdaugh; 11-20-2009 at 01:38 PM.

msmurdaugh-

You'll have to give a bit more details on the claim and what "treatment" your talking about, I believe this is a cellulitis dx code your referencing what is the denial reason that medicare is giving you for these claims and are both claims for the same cpt and dx.

Quote Originally Posted by msmurdaugh View Post
    I need help with a denial I keep getting for 2 seperate claims. The patient is coming in for a E/M code 99212 w/ dx code 682.9. The patient comes in for the same treatment all of the time and Medicare pays every other claim but these two keep getting a denial. Does anyone have any suggestions about how to get these serves paid or if any other modifiers are needed.

Thanks
    Roxanne Thames CPC, CPC-I, CEMC
    rthamescpci@gmail.com

"Remember the greatest gift is not found in the store but in the heart of true friends"

Similar Threads

1. u/a denial from Medicare
    By vhammons in forum Medical Coding General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-25-2014, 09:25 AM
  2. Help with Medicare denial please?
    By ollielooya in forum Billing/Reimbursement
    Last Post: 03-07-2012, 04:33 PM
  3. Medicare Denial - We have a patient who presented
    By kristy2 in forum Internal Medicine