It is my experience in OB/GYN coding that sounding of the uterus has nothing to do with dilation of the cervical canal (57800) Sounding only calculates the depth of the uterine cavity to help with inserting the device in the correct position. Also as a coding tip dilation of vagina or cervix when done in conjuction with vaginal approach procedures is not reported separately unless the CPT code descriptor states "without cervical dilation". Hope information is helpful.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join