Interesting that you asked that question, I had the same scenario this morning. Hospice patient came to see our ortho guy, we billed to MCR Part B, claim was denied. It was brought to me to figure out. I went to the MCR website and pulled information that states that once the patient has signed up for hospice, they no longer have access to Part B benefits. The claim is billed through hospice in the same manner that we have to bill SNF for radiology.
hope this helps
Mary Bort, CPC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join