This is NOT my area of expertise, but ...
The semi-colon tells us that this code does NOT include the traction. It sometimes helps if you completely write out the entire code:
27175 Treatment of slipped femoral epiphysis; by traction, without reduction
27176 Treatment of slipped femoral epiphysis; by single or multiple pinning, in situ
(Emphasis added by FTB for illustration purposes)
F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join