Hello. I'm hoping someone will be able to help me with this question. I'm kind of new to the coding world, and am trying to code for a physician who had a patient in the hospital. This patient had Anemia (along with other problems) that was under control when they first went into the hospital, but eventually it worsened and they ended up giving them a transfusion.
Is there a specific ICD-9 code that I should use besides the Anemia code that shows Anemia Requiring Transfusion?
For the days that it was under control, I used 281.9 (Anemia, megaloblastic)
Thanks for any help.
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join