49568 is only allowed to be used with cpts codes 49560-49566. You need to first find out what type of mesh it is. If it is a biomesh then we use 15430-15431 for xenogeneic and 15300-15321, 15330-15336 for allograft. If it is prosthetic, then we include the work value in unlisted code we have set up for it. (since a lap PEH repair is 39599 for 2009) FYI-CPT did create a code for a lap PEH repair for 2010...(YAHOOOO!!!!!!!)
Hope this helps!!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join