the doctor wants to bill cpt 20926 & describes as the following,
the hematoma and deformity of the right cheek was addressed first obtaining 10cc of fat through a stab wound. The fat was carefully decanted and the dermal fat cells were obtained. These were immediately injected through multiple stab wounds into the deformity using an 18-gauge needle.
Is this correct? I've never billed for this code before & don't know if this documentation is enough to support coding this.
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join