Global only applies to the provider of the service that has a global period. In a group practice that does include all the providers of the same specialty. The other specialties, even though they share the same tax id, are not included.
Question 1, no you would not need a 24 because the PCP is a different speciality and should not be affected by the global period.
Question 2, the global period does not start until 24hrs prior to the procedure and again does not affect providers of different specialties. This service by the PCP is billable.
Laura, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join