Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Consults/Medicare

Default Consults/Medicare
    Medical Coding Books
    As you all probably know, Medicare will no longer be reimbursing for consults. Does anybody have any documentation from Medicare that I could pass on my physicians?? Any info will help...Thank you in advance..
    Kristen Richard, CPC

Addendum: If you need to forward anything by email, my email address is [email]krichard@wihri.org

Thank you
    Kristen Richard, CPC

3. Default
    I don't know that anything is available yet. We had a meeting with Palmetto last week and the rep told us they are still waiting for the official notices to come from CMS so that they can get the information out to the providers. If anyone has heard differently, I'm curious to know as well.

Tracy

4. Unhappy
    I know that here in NY, Medicare posted the 2010 fee schedule and the consultation codes are not on there...

Yes I noticed the same thing on our 2010 fee schedule. They are definelty not on there, but I was hoping to find something on the website stating why they are discontinuing these set of codes. Unfortunetly Medicare has not finalized anything just yet. I am going to continue to check the website. I will post anything new that I find... thanks
    Kristen Richard, CPC

There is a lot of info out there. Quite a bit on this forum. Search for things like "2010 proposed rule" or "elimination of consult codes".

Laura, CPC, CEMC

We just had a paid webinar today and it states to go to; http://www.federalregister.gov/OFRUp...9-26502_Pl.pdf
    The underscore might be a space if it doesnt work. I had to copy it from a visual document. I didnt have the direct link to copy and paste. The change looks pretty cut and dry

Unfortunelty, the link did not work. Is it possible that you could email it me. krichard@wihri.org. Thank you
    Kristen Richard, CPC

Thank you so much, that is going to be a big help. Now I have some documentation to give to my physicians.
    Kristen Richard, CPC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast