Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma is 202.8- For the CNS involvement I would put on the last digit 0 for extranodal and solid organ site.
My thinking here is that the DLBCL is speicfied in volume I as separate from a primary central nervous system lymphoma. I'm placing some weight on the fact that this is described as 'CNS involvement' rather than CNS primary.
Approached from the other angle, a CNS primary lymphoma can have other fifth digits locating it in other sites, so I'm inclined to still opt for the DLBCL code locating it in an extranodal site.
You should ask the physician to explain the difference between the two. I admit, I find all these lymphoma/leukemia codes cofusing.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join