I guess there are two ICD-9-CM codes that would suit this scenario.
1)V58.82 - Fitting and adjustment of non-vascualr catheter NEC. This code can be used as the first listed diagnosis.
2) V53.5 - Fitting and adjustment of intestinal device. This code can be used instead of V58.82. This code too can be used as a principal diagnosis.
Either of these two codes can be billed with ur postioning check exam. You might need to check the LMRP of that area for the particular CPT code and choose your ICD.
I hope this would help
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join