Our local Blue and HMO Medicaid recognize it but the rest of the insurers do not. I have tried the unlisted code etc. - too tedious and its a hard sell to get it paid. Thus the docs are using the E & M doing all the necessary bullets required whether 99213 99214, still billing the S2083 just for recodding /tracking purposes. Lately, they have initiated a contract for the fill stating that this is a non-covered service and have asked pts to sign the contract per year and charge a few hundered dollars up front for unlimited fill. It works because the inurance co do not pay S2083.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join