In remembering this very problem from a test question, I was sent an article by another CPC which helped. It was from 2006 but although there is a CPT code for tranchelectomy (57530) this particular code cannot be reported because the procedure was performed laparoscopically. 2006 CPT rules dictated that correct coding would be an unlisted lap code. Because the cervix is a part of the uterus, the code 58578 would be appropriate. If you were to choose this option, you would report 58661, 58578-51. alternatively you could add a modifier -22 to code 58661. When this information was sent to me I also discovered I needed to send documentation with the claim to explain the unlisted procedure info (additional work). This was a test question I had from an outsourced company.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join