I looked up your codes on CCI Edits and it shows that the 99214/99244 would require a -59 modifier to "unbundle" it from the 95970.
Also, just a pointer....be careful how you word your questions. You don't use modifiers to "get things paid", you use them to indicate to payors that services normally considered "bundled" are in a specific case not so, to accentuate the accuracy of coding, and so on....not to "get things paid". I get what you're asking but don't want your statements to be misinterpreted and cause you problems.
Hope this helps!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join