H1N1 Diag 488.1 question

Exclamation H1N1 Diag 488.1 question
    Medical Coding Books
    Hello everyone... Quick question, is it correct to code an encounter w the 488.1 diag code for a pt who was diagnosed w H1N1, but has not recieved vacine. I know for the vacine we are using the diag v04.81, but I am curious as to what everyone's thought process is on the sick visits. Txs

I am unsure of the question, if the patient is documented as having H1N1 influenza then you code 488.1 if they are there for a flu shot then they are asymptomatic so it would be V04.81.

Debra A. Mitchell, MSPH, CPC-H

txs that was the question!! I am just looking for clarification of sick visits, we were unsure as to what the correct diag would be to use, that is all txs for the help!

Similar Threads

1. Diag. question - Meconium
    By kerri0402 in forum OB/GYN
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-02-2010, 06:43 PM
  2. Urgent: Inpatient Principal Diag Question
    By jsd123 in forum Diagnosis Coding
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-26-2010, 11:46 AM
  3. Urgent: Primary diag question/Oncology
    By jsd123 in forum Diagnosis Coding
    Replies: 0