First, in general we code excision of nevi from the integumentary system.
But I have several questions about this documentation.
I do not see a size of lesion anywhere (just the size of the incision). And I'm confused by this "I-shaped incision ... to include entire lesion in oval."
Was it an I-shaped incision or an oval?
Finally the report mentions the surgical wound was closed in two layers with flaps
If adjacent tissue transfer was used to close the wound then you do not code the excision at all, but just the 14000-14001 (or 14300 if it is >30sq cm)
Need some clarification before you can accurately code this.
Hope that helps.
F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join