Hi!! Here is a toss up question. I hope someone can help!
Has anyone encountered the new E/M telephone encounter codes?
This question was asked at a 2008 CPT Changes seminar held by my employer, to which I had no answer.
1. If a provider is paged by the patient & the patient's call is returned, is this considered as being "initiated by the patient"?
2. If a provider calls a patient with lab results a week after the last E/M service, is this "initiated by the patient"?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join