We've had so much trouble getting our multiple (same lung, different lobes), and our bilateral Bronchs paid in the past year, I'm not sure I should give you any advice, but here goes.... I've been to many pulmonary seminars and most lecturers have told me that even within the same lobe, to use mod -59 for another modality in that lobe. This goes against most all other code-set "families" you can name, so I'm just repeating what I've been told. My head is still spinning around the fact that CPT Assistant (1/2002, pg 10) tells us that "the series of codes 31623 through 31656 describe unilateral procedures." Then, at some of these seminars, the lecturers have said that all Bronch codes are bilateral. It may be time for me to retire.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join