pay grade for cpc in Texas

1. Default pay grade for cpc in Texas
    Exam Training Packages
    I am looking to move to Huston Texas in the next year or so and was wondering if anyone knows the pay grade for a CPC in Huston Texas I have 3 years of medical coding experince and 10 years in the healthcare field. I make 15.00 / hr in my current position located in MO and was just hoping for some feedback on pay in Texas.

Thanks for your help....Rebekah

2. Default
    Hi...I am native to Texas, but have never held a job in Houston. I think coders in Dallas make around $18.00and the pay rate is relatively close between the two cities. My instructor in my certification review class said she took a $7.00 an hour pay cutwhen she moved from Texas to Mississippi(yeah, I'm still a student for two more weeks). I know there are alot of jobs on this website for Houston. I also know it is not a bad place to live, if that helps.
    Lisa

You should check out the salary survey that aapc puts out on a yearly basis, its our "fellow" coders combined putting our information out there, so you can get a "range" of what you would make in your particular region. I know the 2007 survey is listed on the website.

Good luck,

Roxanne Thames, CPC

Quote Originally Posted by henleyre1 View Post
    I am looking to move to Huston Texas in the next year or so and was wondering if anyone knows the pay grade for a CPC in Huston Texas I have 3 years of medical coding experince and 10 years in the healthcare field. I make 15.00 / hr in my current position located in MO and was just hoping for some feedback on pay in Texas.

Thanks for your help....Rebekah

Default pay in houston
    I currently work in houston, TX- moved from new orleans. The pay here is fantastic. The pay is a lot higher in the houston medical center than surrounding hospitals. You can expect to make at least 35K-55K. I know some physician's office pay at least $17 per hour. I work for a hospital.

I agree that you should check out the salary survey on the AAPC website. This will give you a general idea of the pay rate in that area.
    Dawson Ballard, Jr., CPC, CEMC, CPMA, CCS-P, CPC-P, CRHC, AAPC Fellow
    Coder