Is anyone else getting denials on J0885 EA? I can not find any new policy on the CMS website pertaining to chemo induced anemia. We did find an updated change starting 10/1/09 with some of the renal codes. Where it was getting confusing was this:
V5869 Use this to indicate that the chemotherapy induced the anemia for OTHER THAN neoplastic disease or following stem cell transplantation and associated immunosupression. This would not be used for neoplastic disease since that coverage is outlined in an NCD.
I looked at the only NCD I could find which was dated in 2008. These denials started in Oct 09.
We currently bill it like this 285.8, 995.20, then the cancer dx.
Anyone know where to find a new policy?? There has to be one that I am missing. Can someone send me a link?
Thanks so much !!!
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join