That is a complicated question...it depends on the documentation, and the original intent of the procedure.
If the original intent was to place a central line (CVAD) , and angioplasty was performed to facilitate passage, then angioplasty should not be coded separately, IMO.
If there is medical neccesity for angioplasty (separate from medical neccesity for CVAD), then angioplasty could possibly be coded.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join