I would not classify myself as a foot expert, but I have done quite a bit of podiatry coding and am willing to give you my thoughts.
For the bunion, I would assign DX 727.1, 727.81 and CPT code 28298TA. For the hammer toe repairs, DX 735.4 and CPT codes 28285T1, 28285T2, 28285T3.
Since there's no mention of the procedure within the body of the operative report for the left 5th toe, I would not code for it. Hope this helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join