Codes for obtaining autogenous bone, cartilage, tendon, fascia lata grafts, or other tissues harvested from a separate skin/fascial incisions should be reported separately unless the code descriptor references the harvesting of the graft or implant.
The only time you can bill for harvest from same incision is surgery on the spine.
If the Dr went over and above the norm., I would add a -22 modifier and increase the charge 25%, send operative notes to justify such.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join