An excellent resource to the reason behind the prerequisite of HIPAA 5010 implementation prior to ICD-10 implementation can be found at : http://waysandmeans.house.gov/hearin...e=view&id=4829 .
The December 6, 2007 issue of Health Data Management gives the timeline for implementation of HIPAA 5010, a prerequisite for ICD10, at the year 2014. And in another thread, someone referred to the possibility of ICD-10 never becoming implemented in the US as as â€śblowing byâ€ť. I hate to think of dollars spent over the years, planning for this implementation which I have been reading about for 12 years. That is hardly a "blow by".
Those of you who are following this may be interested in viewing the comparison between the US ICD-10 and that of Australia and Canada @
Linda Fiore, RN, CCM, CPC, CPUR
Retro Review Nurse/DRG Validator
MVP Health Care / New York
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join