If it wasn't for the global period it would be appropriate to bill for Dr. Cardioloigist and Dr. CTS since they are different sub-specialties. However if Dr. Cardiologist is infact seeing the pt for follow up care with the same diagnosis as prior to the surgery it will be global. We are interventional cardiolgists and even when a CTS from another practice performs the CABG we can not get paid for seeing the patient because it is diagnosis driven. If the visit was for anything unrelated you could bill with the appropriate modifier. In my experience it just is not possible to get paid for the follow-up care.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join