Can you clarify for me what was upgraded? Was this and ICD upgraded to a BiV- ICD ? or a PPM upgrade to a BiV-ICD?
Did you bill the appropriate 33224 or 33225 for the BiV lead? Both of these codes include revision of pocket, removal, insertion, and/or replacement of the generator.
If this was a PPM upgrade to a BiV-ICD - 33233, 33225, 33240
If this was an BiV-ICD upgrade to a previously placed ICD and generator- 33224
Hope this helps!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join