That is a great question! Unfortunately, I can only site a situation in the past wherein my mom was diagnosed on New Year's Eve with an acute thrombus in the leg. She was hospitalized immediately and placed on Heparin. After 3-4 days, her doctor said that it was responding nicely but not totally resolved. On day 4, he classified her thrombus as chronic.
Have you discussed this with your doc(s) to get their input?
I would be interested in knowing their response.
Hope this helps at least a little.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join