Are the patients that the provider is seeing new to your practice? If they are you would use CPT 59430 (Postpartum care only). If they are not new to your practice (i.e. other providers in your practice provided the antepartum care and delivery) it is part of the global obstetric code (59400 routine obstetric care including antepartum care, vaginal delivery (with our without episiotomy, and/or foreceps) and post partum care or 59510 routine obstetric care including antepartum care, cesarean deliver and postpartum care).
If the provider performs the postpartum care the next time he or she sees the patient you would bill an established patient visit (if it is within 3 years of the last time care was rendered by practice)
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join