I had attended a talk from a guy who was certified in that specialty. If you need his name and credentials, I will have to look for the packet I received from him. But he had stated that for hypertensive heart disease or ckd it actually needs to state hypertensive heart disease or heart disease due to hypertention. Also that these codes are used mostly by a specialist. (Cardiologist) since the family practice/primary care doctors wouldn't normal have run the tests to know that the hypertension was the cause of those issues. I hope that helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join