My Dr already plans (Staged as he noted in op-report #2) for more repairs/surgeries. The thing is that this patient had multiple injuries that needed to be addresses from a single accident. Just want to make sure I use correct modifier. The research I've done on modifier 55 is, as it seems to me, that a Dr took over the post-op services and that you should report the original surgical code with the 55 modifier. That would be fine if it was just office visits but my Dr took him back to the OR to complete/rectify the other Dr's surgery...Very confusing
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join