In my experience, there is no billing code for compression unless the system you are providing for him can be coded as a Lymphedema pump, which is a common mistake that providers make when they purchase or rent out compression systems i.e. Game Ready or ThermoTeck. The billing code that you can use for the thermal therapy are:
E0217 - Water Circulating Heating Pad with Pump
E0218 - Water Circulating Cold Pad with Pump
E0236 - Pump for water circulating pad
E0249 - Pad for Water Recirculating Heat System
E0236 is the designated rental code for Medicare which a few of our providers bill for the day use of our system to Work Comp so you should be successful for this if billing for the approved amount of time. Medicare reimburses this HCPCS Code on a monthly basis as opposed to a day/week rate but you, as you stated, should be able to work out a day rate with the WC agency as per your post. Please feel free to email me with direct questions if you would like â€“ email@example.com.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join