Yes, actually several payers will reimburse for the H1N1 administration, but you have to use the right codes. The two codes that are currently recognized are the G9141 and 90470. Now, you will not find 90470 in the new CPT book because it was added after the books wen to print.
You will have to check with your carriers to find out which code they want you to use. I am in the Kansas City area and we use the G9141 for Medicare and BCBS, but carriers such as Humana, UHC and Coventry are accepting the 90470. So, it is important that you check before you submit.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join